Publix Pharmacy Hours: Opening, Closing, and Holiday Hours
If you came here because you were looking for Publix Pharmacy hours, you can stop worrying because this article has everything you need to know, including their regular hours, holiday hours, contact information, and more.
Publix Super Market Inc., better known as Publix, was started by George W. Jenkins in 1930. It is thought to be the largest employee-owned supermarket chain in the United States.
This chain of stores has locations in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, all in the southeast of the United States (headquartered in Lakeland, Florida).
It has also done well enough to become one of the largest regional grocery chains in the United States. Also, it entered the pharmacy market on October 30, 1986, and has been a key player in the industry ever since.
Publix Pharmacy Hours
Publix pharmacies are open every day of the week, but their hours change slightly on the weekends because they are an emergency service.
Monday through Friday, Publix pharmacies are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., but on Saturdays, they close around 7 p.m. On Sundays, they are only open for 7 hours, starting a little later at 11 a.m. and closing as early as 6 or 7 p.m. in some places.
The table below shows the hours of most Publix pharmacies in a detailed format.
|Day||Opening Time||Closing Time|
|Monday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Sunday||11:00 AM||6:00 or 7:00 PM|
Please note that on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 7am to 8am, seniors 65 and older can shop freely at Publix pharmacies.
Publix Pharmacy Holiday Hours
As we’ve already said, pharmacies are an example of an essential or emergency service. So, it’s important that they make it a priority to be open on most holidays.
Publix Pharmacies delivers on its promise of “Feeling well, Living better” by operating round the year barring just three occasions. In the next two sections, we’ll talk about the holidays when Publix pharmacies are open and when they are closed.
On which holidays are Publix pharmacies open?
Here’s a list of the holidays when Publix pharmacies are open, and you might be surprised by some of them.
Even so, we want to say again that if you want to visit them on some of these holidays, you might want to call them first to make sure you have the right times.
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
- Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Tax Day
- Good Friday
- Mother’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Father’s Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Black Friday
On which holidays are Publix pharmacies closed?
Even though we’ve already said that Publix pharmacies are open all year (though with slightly shorter hours), we do know of three times when they were closed. Find out which ones they are:
- Easter Sunday
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Publix Deli Hours: Usual Timings
During the pandemic, store hours changed all over the world, but things are getting back to normal as COVID cases go down.
Publix is also on its way back to having more or less regular hours, which will be good for both customers and employees. The times are back to what they usually are.
Most Publix stores open at 7:00 AM and close at 10:00 AM. However, some stores are known to open and close at slightly different times, so we recommend giving your local Publix store a quick call to find out.
Before you go out to buy groceries, it’s always a good idea to make sure you know the right times. To make things a little bit easier, we put the times on a table so you can see what time it is every day of the week.
|Day||Opening Time||Closing Time|
|Monday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
|Sunday||7:00 AM||10:00 PM|
Publix Pharmacy Phone Number & Contact Details
Numbers of phones:
Call the toll-free number 1-855-797-8254 to get in touch with a pharmacist, and you can expect them to call you back within 30 minutes. If you have any comments about the store, you could call their corporate office at 1-800-242-1227.
Contact by Mail
You can write to the customer service department at Publix’s corporate headquarters in Florida. The address is: Publix, Attn: Customer Service, P.O. Box 407, Lakeland, FL 33802. You can call customer service directly from the main office, and they should get back to you within five to six working days.
Use social media to get in touch:
Publix is known for having some of the best interactions with their customers on social media. If you have feedback, questions, or comments, you can reach out to the customer service team at Publix through their social media handles on Facebook and Twitter. You can expect a response within 24 hours of posting.
Services Offered by Publix Pharmacies
- With the new Publix Pharmacy app for your phone, managing your prescriptions on the go is even easier. It helps you keep track of when you need to refill your prescriptions and even sends you a text message when it’s time to do so.
- The features come straight from the doctor’s office so that you can buy your medications quickly and easily. It helps refill prescriptions on time, helps transfer prescriptions, and makes it much easier to order medicines online.
- Immunizations: Are you worried that you might not get the important shots? Leave your worries alone, because there is no such thing as worrying at Publix Pharmacies. Check with the Publix Pharmacy near you to see what vaccines you and your family might need, and then make an appointment to get them. That’s all it takes.
- Sign up for the Diabetes Management program and you’ll no longer have to worry about your diabetes. Diabetes doesn’t have to stop you from living your life.
- Teamed up with Publix Pharmacies, you can now easily use their diabetes management to the fullest and live your life without restrictions.
- You can look at health insurance plans for you and your family at Publix Pharmacies, which offers a wide range of plans. You can also get easy health checks at the Publix Pharmacy near you. Visit Publix to learn more about these choices.
- One of their best features is probably their Free Medication Program, which lets you sign up for a free 90-day supply of medicine (limited to certain antibiotics and Metformin). A quick phone call to the pharmacy’s pharmacists is the best way to find out what medicines are available through this program.
Shipping & Delivery Options at Publix Pharmacy
- With the Publix Pharmacy app, you can order medicines online and set up delivery times, if they are available. This makes it much faster and easier to get medicine and refill prescriptions.
- Publix Curbside is the company’s second attempt at online shopping after PublixDirect shut down. It’s too soon to say that this attempt was a success because the program is still getting used to the business world after being canceled once before. We can only hope for the best and wait to see what the future holds for Publix’s new business.
- Instacart: In July 2016, Publix and Instacart announced that they would work together on another pilot project to offer online shopping and delivery services in the greater Miami area. Even though not all items were available for this, the instacart pilot project was spread out over 37 ZIP codes.
About Publix Pharmacy
The first Publix pharmacy opened in Altamonte Springs, Florida, on October 30, 1986. As of today, about 90% of Publix stores have a pharmacy. In 1995, one-third of Publix stores had pharmacies.
Publix Pharmacy Review
Several independent research websites and/or companies have done surveys, and Publix Pharmacies have always come out on top when it comes to how happy customers are with supermarket pharmacies.
Publix has done a good job of providing quality health care through its pharmacy and other services. It has been and still is the largest supermarket chain in Florida, with over 800 stores, and in many southeastern states in the United States.
Publix Point Of Contact
PHONE: 1 (800) 242-1227
MAIL: Publix Super Markets, Inc., 3300 Publix Corporate Pkwy, Lakeland, FL 33811
In conclusion, Publix pharmacies are an important part of healthcare in the Southeast United States, and they have done a great job in that role with their huge selection of prescription and over-the-counter medicines. We hope you now know everything you need to know about Publix Pharmacy. Feel well, and live better!
Was this helpful?
I am a beauty and hair specialist. I have been a hairstylist for nearly 4 years now. And love to explore different salons and their features. As a result, I decided to create a blog that tells people about the various salons and their pricing, services etc.