Walmart Check Cashing Policy: Hours, Limit, And Fees
Walmart Check Cashing Policy: People are always looking for ways to get money quickly and easily. There are many places near me where I can cash a personal check, but some of the closest are big-box stores with money centers.
Walmart is Popular with Shoppers who want To save money because its prices are usually Lower than those at grocery stores Or department stores.
It’s also a Great place to cash a check. But there is a Lot you need to know about how your local Walmart cashes checks.
We will talk about the Walmart cash center’s requirements and other important information.
Does Walmart Cash Checks?
Personal checks And other types of checks up to the Walmart check cashing limits can be cashed at a Walmart cash center.
From May to December, Walmart will not accept personal checks for more than $5,000. From January To April, Walmart will Accept checks for up to $7,500.
Depending On the Amount of the check, fees can be anywhere from $4 To $8. You Don’t Need a bank account to cash a check at Walmart.
To Cash a check at Walmart, you will need a valid ID and a preprinted check for less than the maximum amount Walmart will cash. There will be costs. During the hours that the Walmart Money Center is open, you can cash checks.
Walmart Check Cashing Policy
You can cash checks at any Walmart customer service desk or Money Services center during regular store hours.
Types of checks that can be cashed are:
- Payroll checks
- Pre-printed checks
- Tax refund checks
- Cashier’s checks
- Government checks
- Two-party personal checks
- Insurance settlement checks
- 401(k) or retirement distribution checks
- MoneyGram money orders that were purchased at Walmart
Walmart Cash Limit
Most Checks Walmart will cash are limited to $5,000 ($7,500 from January To April, which is tax season), and two-party personal checks are limited to $200.
Keep in Mind that different stores May have lower limits, So check with your local store before bringing in big checks.
Walmart Check Cashing Fees
Costs for cashing a check at Walmart depend on what kind of check it is.
Two-Party Personal Checks Cashing Fees
- A two-party personal check with a maximum value of $200 can be Cashed at Walmart.
- The fee is no more than $6.
Pre-Printed Check Cashing Fees
- All year long, Walmart will cash a pre-printed check with a maximum value of $5,000.
- From January to April, Walmart will cash checks for up to $7,500. This is because it is tax season.
- Fees for Checks up to $1,000 are $4.
- For Checks between $1,001 and $5,000, the fee is $8.
- walmart says that If you have a check for more than $5,000 Between January and April, you should check With Customer service about any Fees.
Walmart Check Cashing Verification Requirements
You will need a legitimate form of identification in order to cash a check. The following requirements must be met by previously printed checks, tax checks, Cashier’s checks, and other checks:
- At Walmart, You Need Two ways to prove who you are to cash a check. The first form of ID doesn’t need a picture, But the second one does.
- Walmart will Accept Pre-printed checks, Tax refund checks, cashier’s checks, And other types of
- checks from a valid driver’s license or state-issued Non-ID. driver’s
- Walmart will Accept a Photo ID from the Government for payroll checks, Social Security checks, retirement checks, And other types of checks.
- At Walmart, You’ll need Two forms of ID to cash a pre-printed check. The First One Doesn’t need a picture, But the second one does.
- Walmart will Accept Personal government checks And other types of checks from valid sources, such as a valid driver’s license or state-issued ID that isn’t a driver’s license.
If TeleCheck turns down your check, Walmart can’t help you. However, You will get a receipt with TeleCheck’s contact information on it, so you can call them if you need more help.
If Certegy turns down your check, Walmart can’t do anything to change their mind. You can ask Certegy for your file by phone, fax, or mail. If you find that some of the information in your file is wrong or missing, you can dispute it with Certegy.
If You’re worried that your check might not be accepted, we have a list of places that don’t use Telecheck or Certegy to cash checks.
Walmart Check Cashing Hours
At Walmart, You can only cash personal checks during the hours that the store is open.
- Monday to Saturday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sunday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
After 8 p.m., Monday Through Saturday, And 6 p.m., Sunday, checks cannot be cashed at Walmart.
If You No longer need To cash the check, simply follow the instructions for voiding a check and unwind.
Be sure that Walmart accepts checks before you visit by calling ahead or visiting the Walmart website.com. Always check to make sure the one you visit is accessible when you need it.
What Types of Checks Does Walmart Not Cash?
There are a lot of checks that Walmart won’t cash. Some of these checks are:
- Handwritten checks, which are signed and filled out by hand, can be cashed at any of the places we list in our article about cashing handwritten checks.
- Checks that are made out to you or to cash (We list the places that cash personal checks.)
- Checks from outsiders (Our article about places that cash third-party checks tells you where to cash a third-party check.)
- Starter checks
- Savings bonds checks
- Altered checks
- Checks more than 180 days old
- Expired checks
- Dated checks (Our related research tells you where to cash a check with a future date.)
- Money orders other than MoneyGram (We tell you where to cash a USPS or Western Union money order.)
- Checks/Checks Comdata (as previously reported)
Walmart also Can’t cash checks in New York And New Jersey because of state laws.
How to Cash a Check at Walmart
You Don’t have to buy anything or sign up with the store to cash a check at Walmart. You Also don’t need to have a bank account.
Just Take the Check And a valid government-issued ID to the customer service desk or MoneyCenter at your local Walmart. When You cash a check, You may also be asked for your social security number.
After the cashier checks your ID, authorizes Your check, And you pay the check cashing fee, You can take the cash right away or put some or all of the money on a Walmart MoneyCard.
The Walmart MoneyCard is a Prepaid Visa debit card that can be used anywhere that accepts Visa debit cards. You might like the MoneyCard better than carrying around a lot of cash because it can be safer.
In contrast to a Standard debit card, you can only spend the amount that is available on the card—unless you want to enroll in its overdraft protection, in Which case you won’t be charged an overdraft fee.
Additionally, you won’t have to pay the standard reload fee if you cash a check at Walmart and load the funds onto a MoneyCard.
In our article, we list the typical MoneyCenter hours at Walmart. We also have information about how checks are cashed at Walmart Neighborhood Market.
FAQs – Walmart Check Cashing Policy
What is Walmart’s check cashing policy?
Walmart has a Simple Limit of $5,000 per Check that can be cashed. During the Months of January through April, This Limit is temporarily raised to $7,500 so that Customers can bring in bigger checks when they get their tax refunds.
Why would Walmart deny cashing a check?
Why Walmart won’t cash your check. Walmart Sometimes says No to cashing a Check because there aren’t enough funds in the bank, the check is the wrong type, Or the amount is more than the maximum amount that can be written On a check.
Can you cash a check at Walmart at any time?
The Walmart MoneyCenter is open from 8 a.m. To 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday And from 10 a.m. To 6 p.m. On Sunday. You Can pay bills, cash checks, send money To another person, and perform other cash-related tasks at the Walmart MoneyCenter.
How does Walmart verify a personal check?
How do checks get processed at Walmart? If You pay by check at Walmart, the cashier will ask to see your photo ID. This is to make sure the check is real and stop fraud.
The Name On the check must match the name on the photo ID, and the check must be printed instead of signed.
Was this helpful?
Hey, my name is Noah. We’ve done a lot of research on it by visiting different Walmart stores; My goal is to provide you with accurate information about the services offered by Walmart and their benefits.