Table Of Contents
- 1 JCPenney Careers
- 2 Work Facts of JCPenney
- 3 JCPenney Employment Opportunities
- 4 JCPenney Positions and Salary Information
- 5 How to Apply for a JCPenney Job
- 6 JCPenney Employee Interview Videos
- 7 Benefits of Working at JCPenney
- 8 FAQs – JCPenney Careers
JCPenney Careers: As a company that is growing and changing, JCPenney gets job applications for different parts of the business.
Those who want to work at JCPenney can either fill out an online application or call the human resources department.
This article is mostly about the positions that are open, how to apply for them, and how to get more information about them.
If you want to learn more, all you have to do is follow the instructions in this article.
Work Facts of JCPenney
16 years old
JCPenney Working Hours:
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Hourly Wage at JCPenney:
In the United States, the average hourly wage for a cashier at JCPenney is about $11.39.
Customer service, home department sales, loss prevention associate, retail associate, sales associate, salon stylist, stock associatetomer Service Associate, Commissioned Sales Associate, Holiday Associate, Department Supervisor.
JCPenney Employment Opportunities
Most employees start out as sales staff at the entry level. When they are first hired, JCPenney employees usually work different hours.
This includes holidays, nights, and weekends. The chain also hires for the summer and winter.
Each store needs to hire new people to help customers, stock shelves, and run the store. Some places also have coffee shops, salons, and places to get your eyes checked.
There are different sections of the store for clothes, appliances, electronics, and other home goods.
Product Knowledge and Personalities
You need to know a lot about each product line. Ideal is also having experience working with other people.
JCPenney often looks for people who like to work with people, have a good attitude, and are willing to help others.
JCPenney Positions and Salary Information
People who want to work can always find work at JCPenney. Stores hire both new workers and people with long careers. People over the age of 16 can apply for the following jobs:
- Sales people help customers, explain products and services, and restock displays. They are also called “product experts.”
- Those who want to apply should be good at solving problems and working well with others.
- The job is available both part-time and full-time at JCPenney, and it pays the minimum wage at the start.
- Senior workers can make up to $12 or $13 an hour.
- The average hourly wage for this first job is $9.
- Problems must be solved in a creative and critical way by applicants.
- Some of their jobs are to set up shelves and displays and organize storage rooms in the back.
- JCPenney is always looking for people who can work on their own and have their own ideas.
Loss Prevention Associate
- Products are kept safe and theft is stopped by employees.
- Work can sometimes involve a lot of paperwork.
- To get a job, you need to keep a level head, be able to think critically, and be active.
- People on the job have to deal with stressful situations.
- The hourly wage is close to $12.00.
- Most people who work in loss prevention at JCPenney do so full-time.
How to Apply for a JCPenney Job
Tips For Applying
Most of the time, applicants benefit from having an open schedule. Most of the time, workers work at night or on the weekends. During certain times of the year, they also have to work on holidays. Before looking for a job, people should check their schedules to make sure they are a good fit.
Candidates can use their personal profiles to check on their applications.
Some other ways to follow up are to call or go to certain stores. Make sure to call or stop by when the business isn’t as busy.
JCPenney Employee Interview Videos
Benefits of Working at JCPenney
The department store chain offers 401(k) retirement plans with company matches of up to 6%. Associate members can also:
- Stock purchase plans
- Health coverage
- Employee assistance programs
- Paid time off
- Sick days
- Product discounts.
Motivated applicants can join apprenticeship programs, diversity programs, and ongoing training.
FAQs – JCPenney Careers
How do you get a job at JCPenney?
JCPenney pools for employees by using online screening, phone interviews, panel interviews, group interviews, and one-on-one interviews.
Most of the time, an HR person gives an overview of the company during the first job interview.
How long does it take for JCPenney to call for an interview?
This shows that you’re interested. Usually, it takes between 3 and 10 business days. If you haven’t heard back by then, I’d call the employer and let them know you’re still interested.
Is JCPenney a good first job?
Schedules are hard to predict, and taking time off is not encouraged at all. J.C. Penney is a pleasant place to work.
This is great for people who are getting their first job, like high school students. Since 2004, I’ve worked at JCPenney.
What is JCPenney dress code?
Employees get a shirt that says “company” on it. Employees can wear any bottoms that go with their tops as long as they look professional, are clean, and don’t have any holes or rips.
Does JCPenney do drug test?
To avoid problems, it’s best to get ready for the possibility of a drug test and stop using illegal drugs for a few weeks before applying for a job.
Does JCPenney give holiday pay?
JCPenney offers perks that set the company apart from other stores, such as: Competitive pay: All hourly workers in all stores will get extra pay for hours worked on Saturday and Sunday, as well as on Black Friday and other busy holiday weekends.
Visit its official website www.jcpenney.com for more details.
For more information about JCPenney please visit our website salonpricelist.com.
Disclaimer: The above JCPenney Careers data has been collected from various sources on the online site or by phone. So it cannot be current.
Danna Cox (Hair Stylist/ Lash Expert) she grew up with a love and passion for the beauty industry. With over 6 years experience, Jessica specializes in customized color, styling and special occasion hair; this includes bridal and event hair (weddings, proms, etc.) for all ages.